The Throat Chakra is the fifth chakra and the first of the higher or spiritual chakras. This chakra is located in the region of neck, throat, and shoulders and its color is usually turquoise or aquamarine blue.
The throat chakra accepts your originality, expresses your authentic voice and speaks your truth. The energy of the throat chakra allows you to seek knowledge that is true, beyond limitations of time and space, beyond cultural and family conditioning.
Stress and anxiety lead to blockage in the throat chakra. These create tightness in the body’s tissue, and restrict the flow of energy. They also prevent the mind from focusing peacefully (meditating) on the movement of energy through the body.
Sanskrit name: Visuddha
Rights: To speak
Endocrine gland: Thyroid and Parathyroid gland
Physical association: Throat, ears, mouth, shoulders, and neck
Psychological function: Communication
Identity: Creative identity
Developmental stage: 7 -12 years
Throat Chakra Affirmations
- I am open, clear, and honest in my communication.
- I have a right to speak my truth.
- I communicate my feelings with ease.
- I express myself creatively through speech, writing, or art.
- I have a strong will that lets me resolve my challenges.
- I feed my spirit with creativity.
- I live an authentic life. I have integrity.
- I love to share my experiences and wisdom. I know when it is time to listen.
- I am grateful.
- I listen to my heart, my intuition, and my feelings to know what my truth is.
- I take good care of my physical body.
- I am at peace.