The sixth chakra, the Third Eye chakra also known as the Pineal Gland or “Ajna” in Sanskrit, connects to our mental abilities, psychological skills, and how we evaluate beliefs and attitudes.
The Third Eye is the chakra of intuition, wisdom and our sixth sense. It is the spiritual center, which works with our rational mind in order to deepen our intuitive insight to see beyond the veil of illusion. The third eye holds a unique combination of facts, fears, personal experiences and memories that are continually active within the energy of the mental body.
Five signs your third eye is opening:
- A dull sensation of pressure between the eyebrows. …
- Increased foresight. …
- Prone to light sensitivity. …
- A feeling of gradual and continual change. …
- Increased headaches.
Sanskrit name: Ajna – To perceive, to command
Element: All elements combined, light
Rights: To see
Endocrine gland: Pituitary gland
Physical association: Eyes, base of skull, brow
Psychological function: Intuition, imagination
Developmental stage: Adolescence
Planets: Saturn, moon
Sense organ: Mind
Predominant sense: Neutral
Herb: Almond blossom, Eyebright, Bilberry, Star Anise, Mugwort, Lavender, Juniper, Rosemary
Third Eye Chakra Affirmations
- I am in touch with my inner guidance.
- I listen to my deepest wisdom.
- I seek to understand and to learn from my life experiences.
- I am wise, intuitive, and connected with my inner guide.
- I nurture my spirit.
- I listen to the wisdom of the ancestors.
- I trust my intuition.
- I forgive the past and see the truth in my experiences.
- I forgive myself.
- I love and accept myself.
- I know that all is well in my world.
- I am connected with the wisdom of the universe.
- I am open to inspiration and bliss.
- My life flows effortlessly.
- I am at peace.
- I am the source of my truth and my love.