The third chakra in our series is the solar plexus. The solar plexus chakra is located between the navel and solar plexus. It is your personality, ego, and the perception of who you are. It helps grow your confidence and vitality. This helps you to manifest the life you want. When balanced, the solar plexus chakra allows you to go into your personal power, develop your true self, and take responsibility for your life and choices.
If your solar plexus chakra is blocked you may be insecure or have more severe self-esteem issues depending on the severity of the blockage.
How to Balance the Solar Plexus Chakra
Meditation is one of the most effective ways to balance the Solar Plexus Chakra.
Citrine, tiger’s eye, and yellow tourmaline are excellent crystals for the solar plexus chakra.
Foods for the solar plexus are corn, pineapple, squash, beans, peppers, banana, brown rice, oats, millet, sunflower seeds, and amaranth. Also the spices turmeric and ginger, and drinking and chamomile tea.
Yoga postures with mindful breathing and those that strengthen your core help release the solar plexus, physically, mentally, and emotionally. The warrior poses build confidence and align while sun salutations warm up the body and connect with the fiery energy of the sun.
Essential oils are also very balancing, especially chamomile, bergamot, cedarwood, and rosemary.
Solar Plexus Chakra Affirmations
- I love and accept myself.
- I stand up for myself.
- I am strong and courageous.
- I am worthy of love, kindness, and respect.
- I choose the best for myself.
- I confidently express myself.
- I am proud of my achievements.
- I honor myself.
- I choose healthy relationships.
- I am authentic.
- I direct my own life.
- I appreciate my strengths.
- I feel my power.
- I am free to choose in any situation.
- I seek opportunities for personal and spiritual growth.
- I am at peace with myself